We moved into our apartment two days ago and are very happy to begin getting settled! We are on the 11th floor and have a fabulous view of the ocean. We chose to live on the north end of the island due to it's proximity to Calvin's school and the few people we know here in Penang live in this general vicinity. Unfortunately, that means Josh has quite a commute to work. The boys seem to be adjusting well. Our only issue has been adjusting to the food. There is a very limited selection of American food items. Calvin has been great about trying new things (when he can) but he does not like the soy milk at all. Wesley is basically on a hunger strike so far. Hopefully he will get hungry enough to change his attitude soon! On the flip side, Josh and I absolutely love the food here - it is amazingly delicious :-)
Calvin will be starting his new school tomorrow (Monday). It is the only American international school here and we were very impressed with the campus and the staff during our visit last week. Calvin's teacher is actually from Washington. It makes us realize what a small world it really is. Needless to say, this mom is very nervous about this transition. I had these nerves when he started kindergarten last year but I think being in a different country is compounding it even more. I wonder if they will notice if I hang around the campus all day???



Using blogpost for your blog makes my Nerd heart bleed a little bit, but I'll man-up through the pain because I'm so glad you're doing this so we can follow along.
ReplyDeleteAlso, um, nice freaking view out the window there! And a gorgeous place overall. Would love a virtual tour of where you're staying.